On Thursday May 11 The Community Center for the Performing Arts proudly welcomes TWRP & The Magic Sword to the WOW Hall.
The sound of the future as imagined in the 1980s. The nostalgic theme song to your favourite childhood cartoon that may have never existed. The hopefulness of someone from the future describing the utopia of tomorrow. Like a paradox of time travel, TWRP is all of these things and yet none of them.
This optimistic fascination with the future, grounded in the nostalgia of the past, is what has shaped TWRP. They are the product of many eclectic styles and eras, crafted into something simultaneously playful, heartfelt, and tongue-in-cheek, all delivered with self-aware bombast and an uncommon musical precision. Old funk, modern electronic, and classic rock converge in their science fiction universe, as if Earth, Wind & Fire, Justice, and Casiopeia provided the soundtrack to a 80s cult classic film directed by John Carpenter.
The Magic Sword
Magic Sword are an American electronic trio from Boise, Idaho. They are known for wearing cloaks and masks during their performances, so as not to reveal their faces or bodies. The band consists of The Keeper (mask illuminated in red; keyboard, audio-visual), The Seer (mask illuminated in blue; guitar), and The Weaver (mask illuminated in yellow; drums).
- This VIP experience includes both TWRP and Magic Sword
- One general admission ticket
- Exclusive pre-show private set, Q&A, and general shenanigans
- VIP early entry into the venue
- Exclusive signed merchandise bundle
- Very limited availability
- Dedicated customer service email for any and all questions (firstname.lastname@example.org)